not sure what this dream means....

In this forum, our members can get free dream interpretation service through our on-board professional dream interpretor.

Moderator: Hatter Police

not sure what this dream means....

Postby Mysti on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:24 pm

the dream starts as i am walking down a wide staircase onto a train station (after thinking about it, i think it may be a place called richmond, in surrey, which we go through a lot) with my dad. we were talking about train crashes in japan, and london's archirecture. my dad also said he disliked madam tussauds.

the station had a large number of platforms, and on them were rows of small flower beds. policemen were standing almost everywhere, busily questioning people and writing things down.

me and my dad went to a platform on the far right, and got on a train to the next station, the final station on the line.
about half way toward the next sation, we were stopped for quite a long time, but were allowed to continue to the station. we started going quite slowly, but rapidly got faster and faster.

the platform we were stopping at was a bit furthur than the other platforms, and when we passed them, there were three trains that had crashed into 3 seperate platforms facing different directions.
police and ambulancemen were helping the injured out of the wreckage. no-one on our train said anything, but just stared at what was happening.
the driver was going faster and faster and i ran to the back of the carriage shouting "we're going to crash! we're going to crash!" and covering my ears.

before i knew it, the train rammed into the wall, throwing me backwards. (the impact was so strong, i could feel it in my sleep...) the crash knocked me out, and when i awoke, a huge group of people were stood around me, and for some reason i was smiling. on my train, no-one seemed severely injured, but on some of the other trains, very few were still alive.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:07 am

They say Nightmares are good for you. Havn't quite figured out why yet, but there you go.

The fact that you didn't wake up at the moment of the crash is interesting. Alot of people wake up when they die in dreams. Perhaps the fact that you were still asleep forced the dream to take a new shape and kept you and all others in your train alive?

Otherwise it could be a representation of the troubles we all have to face, many who are on different paths don't survive, but the path your taking - although unable to avoid the enevitable - still survives virtually intact. The silence of the other passengers could represent the unwillingness of the successful to acknowledge those less well off.

The station platforms could indicate the decisions you make - which direction to choose and the policemen authority, always keeping tabs on us as we live.

The flower beds are a nice touch, but could mean nothing, imported from another memory or such, or they could represent the nice things in life. Relief from the blandness of merely living.

I have never read books on dreams discussing the relavance of parents in dreams, but I believe your dads presence could represent a feeling of home, you aren't alone in this life and always have company and/or protection. The bit about Madam Tussauds is funny but probably irrelavant.

Oh and you start from a recognised base, something to groud the dream in reality.

This is all coming from your subconcious, so it's really an indication of what your mood/preoccupations are mixed with elements of memory.

Or it could all be a bit of cheese you ate last night!
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby Mysti on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:25 pm

that makes a lot of sense... thanks :D
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter