Phonys?

My question, your advice

Moderator: Hatter Police

Phonys?

Postby nowhere man on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:55 am

I have a sister, she is older then me, she is in college, I hate her. The main reason I hate her so is because she is a phony. I have usually been able to tolerate her phonyness, but it recently just pushed me over the edge.
Some backstory is nessacary. This last summer I baby sat my younger cousin, she was quite abnoxious, and rude, and she liked to try my patients as mutch as she could. But for some reason I still realy liked her. She is actually a realy distant cousin of ours, and my sister hardly knew her at all. As a matter of fact she once asked me (not long before I started babysitting) who she was. The whole time I was babysitting my sister saw my cousin probably 4 times. Now that summers over i don't babysit her anymore, but I see her at church every sunday. And today, lookinh through this cousins myspace page, I see that my sister left her a comment, and at the end she said "I love you" to this cousin that she didn't even know exist untill I told her. It realy angered me, she dosn't love her, my sister is such a phony.
And she's going to be a school teacher, she is going to be terriable at it, she always talks down to EVERYONE. I hate my sister so mutch, and I'm not just saying that becaue thats what siblings do.

Sorry I just had to vent about that
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Phony

Postby nil on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:22 am

I hope you and your sister will come to some kind of understanding. I'm sure she didn't mean to be phony.

P.S. As you can see, the statement I made above is phony too. Since I don't know your sister at all, how can I know she is or isn't phony? But my point is: people make these kind of statments all the time, e.g. "hope you are getting better", "wish you luck", "merry Xmas", just to name a few. People might or might not meant it. Sometimes we are much better off when we don't know what they really want to say...
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby Astarte on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:41 am

When you get older you'll only probably see her at Thanksgiving, Xmas, weddings and funerals - there now, that should cheer you up! :D
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter