which would you eat?

Useful discussion is strictly prohibited!

Moderator: Hatter Police

which would you eat?

Postby princess on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:01 pm

here's a scenario: you were sailing on the ocean, and your boat sank. You and a friend managed to swim to an island, but rather than a tropical paradise, it's just a big rock, bare of all life. there aren't even any crabs or little shell creatures stuck to the rocks. and it's really cold! oh no!
you don't have any fishing equipment or a satellite phone, and it's unlikely you'll be found for at least a few weeks.
all you have is some wet, already moudly bread, and its only enough to last for one person. and a couple of dead bodies of people what drowned hae washed up.

will you eat the bread, which is mouldy and might make you sick and kill you, knowing that you'll probably still die of starvation if you dont eat some person later?

will you eat the bread, and then not eat any human flesh and hope to survive?

will you just eat the people?

will you eat nothing and just hope you get rescued in time?
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Astarte on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 am

There's always life around just waiting to be eaten, and especially in the ocean. I would scour those rocks, and the water around them.

If it is actually just a bare rock you would die of exposure anyway. So no, I would not resort to cannabalism, but I might consider eating sushi if I could catch some.
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby hamster on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:31 pm

Perhaps it's not much of an ethical improvement, but you could use pieces of the clothes from the corpses around you to create fishing gear, and then the bread or even the flesh for bait, to catch fish.

But this question is extremely icky. And within three days, without fresh water, you'd be dead anyway, making it all a pointless concern.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter