that chicken without its head...

This forum is for the discussion of various species of animals, be it worms, kangaroos, penguins or porcupines.

Moderator: Hatter Police

that chicken without its head...

Postby princess on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:53 am

did you hear about that chicken which there once was that lvied for ages without a head, and had a little things stuck in its neck for the food to go in and such? There really was one in case anyone didnt hear about it and thinks i'm mking it up! there was a documentary I watched about it!
The chicken didnt seem to be living a life of suffering, but still...without its head? Do you think that if a chicken in this condition was given to you as a gift, you would prefer to put it out of its misery and perhaps eat it for dinner?
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby hamster on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:48 pm

What?

What channel were YOU watching?
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:05 pm

I heard about that chicken several years ago and I've been wondering ever since

just how could it survive without it's brain telling it's heart to beat, it's stomach to work and such
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby hamster on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Oh, I don't know. People without any apparent brains seem to survive somehow all over the world. I see them driving beside/in front of/beside me every day. I've even worked for/with some. Maybe I am one, too. :shock:
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby padackles_89 on Fri May 25, 2007 10:36 am

I've heard about that chicken, it was years ago though I think.
The farmer was going to kill it and chopped its head off but it ran away or something...

I guess it only needs its heart to keep beating and air getting to its lungs to stay alive...

awesome...
padackles_89
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Re: that chicken without its head...

Postby TheCountess on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 am

the poor thing eventually drowned. what happened was that the farmer, when he beheaded it, didn't quite get all the brain, the very base was left and that was the part controlling heartbeat and breathing. It lived for several years, being fed through a tube. But mucus would spill over into the breathing tube, and they had to keep suctioning it out. One day they didn't have the suction thingeh and the poor creature drowned in it's own spit.

As for people without brains, there have been some documented. One guy even went on to grow a brain when he was a few years old, after being born without one. You could shine a torch through his skull apparently, and it would glow pink.
I will holler you Home
TheCountess
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:24 am

freaky.
the chicken wouldn't have suffered tho (apart from the loosing most of the head bit) It wouldn't have had a brain with which to suffer. The body is just a complicated organic machine.
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby Insanity test on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:45 am

should have thought of this earlier really, but it's quite common - hence the expression "running around like a headless chicken"
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby nil on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 am

It makes more sense to me now. The chicken won't live very long without a brain. But if part of its brain is intact, I guess it can function one way or the other (and have better ventilation on its head). As for the head, it's only a container for the brain, it's really not that important if you think about it.

As for human without a brain, I don't think they can survive. The guy who "grow brain" I guess is growing a brain from a "smaller brain" that didn't look like a completely developed brains. Except for some "primitive" species, most animals won't survive without a brain, because it regulate heartbeat and other fun and important stuffs.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby princess on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:53 pm

The poor chooky!!
I'd love to know if anyone has replicated this...you know... cute off more chickens' heads to see how long they'd survive... well, if not, i plan to become a zoologist anyway, and i am the mad scientist type lol.
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby TheCountess on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I think you'd get lynched by PETA or some other ethical committee who try to prevent that kind of testing. :noway:

I don't really endorse the trying it out. But man it would be something to see. :shock:
I will holler you Home
TheCountess
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter