My dream food

Warning: discussion in this forum may result in weight gain and undesirable bowel movement

Moderator: Hatter Police

My dream food

Postby hamster on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:16 pm

Give me a continent-sized sandwich -- crusty wheat bread spread liberally with piquant mustard, crunchy Romaine lettuce, a sprinkling of Jalapeno pepper slices, salami, pepperoni, ham, thin-sliced onions, tomatoes, Provolone cheese, black olives, banana peppers and a squirt of olive oil ...

... and I will hold an umbrella over your head in the storm and carry your books and pummel any bully who so much as looks at you.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Astarte on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:47 pm

I don't think I have a dream food as such, I find that it depends more on my mood than anything; however, I can be easily won over by my own home-cooked chicken schnitzel and eggplant parmigiana, baked finely sliced of potato and pumpkin, and my sour cream tomato and cucumber dill salad.
This is rather yummy, to my mind and tummy anyway.
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby hamster on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Astarte wrote:I don't think I have a dream food as such, I find that it depends more on my mood than anything; however, I can be easily won over by my own home-cooked chicken schnitzel and eggplant parmigiana, baked finely sliced of potato and pumpkin, and my sour cream tomato and cucumber dill salad.
This is rather yummy, to my mind and tummy anyway.

That sounds heavenly!
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nil on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:33 am

That's a very explicit description of home make food. That can of talk should be rated R -- only suitable for people with high self restrains (else their saliva might wet the keyboard when reading it...)
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby princess on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:08 pm

i don't know what my dream food would be. I love things that involve lots of cheese, or lots of chocolate.
Perhaps if chocolate and cheese could be combined together into one food that tasted good, that might be my dream food.
mew mew mew pur purr purrr mew mew lick
princess
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby thesinofmylips on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:45 pm

i love cheese.

mature cheddar cheese.

heaven on earth.
time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
thesinofmylips
Crazy Hatter
Crazy Hatter

Re: My dream food

Postby Insanity test on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:27 am

I think I'd need to provide an entire menu.

So here goes!

I'll begin with aperitifs:

Minot Moresou: Cooked bread biscuits coated with garlic and salt.

Filo Pastry parcels filled with spinach and tomato.

Freshly baked, warm bread rolls with thick butter.

Starters:

Scottish oak smoked salmon on buttered brown bread with crushed lettuce in a mild dill dressing and fresh orange slices.

French fish soup of the day with croƻtons and freshly baked rolls with a liberal spreading of butter.

Prawn Coctail: Freshly fished prawns served in a glass goblet with crisp crushed iceberg lettuce and marie-rose sauce.

Homemade Carrot and coriander soup served with a sprig of parsley and thick farmouse loaf lightly browned toast for dipping.

A selection of wholegrain and smooth wheat crackers with traditionally prepared Taleggio cheese and sliced salami toppings served with couscous mixed with roasted vegetables.

Garlic butter marinaded dough sticks with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip.

Main course:

Prime sirloin steak cooked to medium rare toped with a stirfry of onions, pureed garlic, fresh ginger, finely chopped chillies, chopped coriander, diced carrot, lemon juice and chives, served with a potato and onion rosti and Pak Choi.

Leg of Duck in garlic and onion gravy with ginger and garlic marinaded under the skin. Served with a bull tomato stuffed with potato, onions, carrot, garlic, ginger, green and red peppers and a small amount of the gravy.

Stone-baked Thin crust Qutattro Stagione (four seasons) Pizza. Toppings: Pepperoni sausage, anchovies, artichoke hearts, mushrooms. Additional toppings: black olives, oregano, Parmesan flakes, black pepper.

Stone-baked Thin crust 'Bismark' Pizza. Parma Ham, peppers, spinach and an egg cracked 'sunny side up' in the centre. Additional Parmesan flakes and black pepper optional.

Deep-fried cod or haddock in savoury batter served with thick cut King Eward potato chips and mushy peas.

Spaghetti al Amatritchianna: a tomato sauce with green and red peppers, garlic and thick cut back bacon. Served with Garlic bread with mozzarella.

Spaghetti Carbonara made with eggs, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino romano, guanciale (unsmoked pig cheeks), black pepper, and olive oil.

Rump-steak and ale pie served with thick cut chips, garden peas and thick gravy.

Slow cooked Cumberland sausages (cooked on low heat for up to two hours allowing a sugary crust of fat to form around the skin) with steamed potato and onion topped with melted soft Taleggio cheese.

Grilled Salmon marinaded in olive oil and white grapes, served with roasted vegetables, new potatoes and petit pois.

Pallet cleanser:

Lemon sorbet.

A selection of sweet cheeses with crackers and butter.

Sweets:

Double chocolate swiss gateau drizzled with hot chocolate sauce, served with vanilla ice cream.

Traditional Tiramisu with coffee and cointreau liqueur.

Profiteroles filled with vanilla ice cream drizzled with hot chocolate sauce.

Double chocolate chip brownie served with ice cream, syrup and whipped cream.

Fresh strawberries in cream, sprinkled with brown sugar.

Hot Lemon meringue pie.

Lemon cheesecake served with vanilla ice cream and strawberry syrup.

Chocolate mousse with a sprinkling of chocolate flakes.

Coffees and teas:

Cappuccino with dark chocolate mint.

Espresso with a shot of water to cleanse the pallet.

Earl gray tea with a slice of lemon.

Light Lunches:

Ciabatta bread filled with mayonnaise, grainy dijon mustard, lettuce, crisp back bacon and freshly sliced tomatoes. Served with chips or salad garnish.

Ciabatta bread filled with mozzarella, pesto and tomato slices toasted until the cheese melts. Served with chips or salad garnish.

Variant of the previous, with additional lettuce and mayonnaise rather than toasting. Served with chips or salad garnish.

Tuna mayonnaise with black pepper, basil and balsamic vinegar on farmhouse bread with fresh lettuce. Served with chips or salad garnish.

Lentil and bacon soup with a bacon and mustard sandwich made with farmhouse bread.

There. I hope that wasn't too much, but I couldn't possibly leave any out! And I'm sure there will be more that occur to me later!

P.S. For clarification, chips are what are also referred to as fries, not the roundish salted and flavoured potato slices also called crisps you get in bags, but thick sticks of potato lightly browned on the outside, yet fluffy on the in. :D
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby Mysti on Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:19 pm

I'm wondering if Insanity test is perhaps slightly overweight from all that food... :lol:

For me I would stick to the basics.
I like soups - lentil, tomato, chickpea...
I like pizzas (no cheese) with peppers, onion, tomato etc etc but no olives.
and i like sorbets.

Keepin' it real. :D
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm very trim I'll have you know.

Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:21 pm

That is such an awesomely long and mouthwatering menu...

Some elements of it aren't so hot (i can't eat off the bone, so duck leg fails there), but in general... do you have a restaurant? Can I come? The lemon orbet _before_ the dessert sounds... so amazing. I'd have to starve myself for a few days before eating the menu, as i'd want all courses!
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 pm

I've never eaten some of those foods
tiramisu, duck, sorbet, many of the cheeses mentioned

other than that it sounds delectable and I would definitely be willing to try new things
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:06 am

I'm afraid i do not own a resturant, however, if I did, that would indeed be the menu.

And I looove lemon sorbet after a heavy main course. It amazingly makes you feel hungry again! All the better to eat the dessert!

And Tiremisou is georgeous. breadcrumbs infused with liquer and coffee at the bottom, a light creamy whip above and a dusting of chocolate or cocoa on the top. mmmm

I'm surprised you've never had duck, we often eat one at christmas. I find Turkey soo dry it has to be smothered in gravy to be pallatable, duck is more moist right through and much more salty. Like the whole bird is a chicken leg as opposed to Turkey being entirely a dry chicken breast. In my opinion at least...

Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter