Ancient Civilzation POP quiz

An extremely serious discussion on academic improvements.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Ancient Civilzation POP quiz

Postby nil on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 am

Who is the the first Pharaoh of Egypt?

Was he older than King Sargon (founder of the Akkad empire)?

Did he has more wife than King Sargon?

If you can answer these questions correctly, you will earn 3 smilies points.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Re: Ancient Civilzation POP quiz

Postby TheCountess on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:37 pm

aww man, no smilies points for me :sob: I thought i was pretty good with ancient history but obviously there is room for improvement. Now to go find out the answers
I will holler you Home
TheCountess
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:08 am

I know about the egyptian gods, but not so much the pharaohs. I know Akenartten was the only monotheistic pharaoh and moved the capitol (which upon his death was promptly moved back), but I have no idea who the first was. :sob:
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby nil on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:48 am

The answer for the first question is... nobody really knows for sure, but the general consensuses is a guy called Narmer. He is the guy featured on the Narmer Palette. You will find the palette when you visit the Egyptian museum in Cairo. It looks more like a shield than a palette.

The second question is much easier. It's a historical fact. The Egyptian empire was founded before 3000 BC, and the Akkad empire was around 2000BC. So whoever the first pharaoh was, he must be older than the 2nd guy.

As of the third question: we know very little about those people who lived 5000 or 4000 years ago. Who knows how many wives they had?
So what should be the answer? You can say whatever you like, you just need to make up a story to support it (preferably some stores that involves romance and murder). You probably won't have any problem convincing people to bet their farm on your theory. People are not as smart as you thought, especially when they are considering things that can neither be proved nor disproved. That's why so many people lost their farms.

So put on your thinking hat, make up a story and the smilies points will be yours!
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby lifeis42 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:30 am

he got lost found a tribe of wifes and lived happily ever after until they found out that he chead on them and the stabed him to death
trancendentalism thats the way to go
lifeis42
Crazy Hatter
Crazy Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Narmer had a considerably less amount of wives because the other guy actually married all the women (or at least the ones who weren't killed by his other wives) whereas Narmer simply kept many mistresses without any sort of wedding ceremony. This created much confusion as to who his children were and who was to secede him.
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby lifeis42 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:01 pm

cool i still like the village theory
trancendentalism thats the way to go
lifeis42
Crazy Hatter
Crazy Hatter