Recurring Dream Travel

In this forum, our members can get free dream interpretation service through our on-board professional dream interpretor.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Recurring Dream Travel

Postby llee611838 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:54 pm

Over the past few weeks I have been having variants on the same dream. I am always slated to travel either by a boat or train or airplane, but something always prevents me from being able to make the journey in time. For example, I realize I'm not packed or I haven't tkane care of some detail. I don't remember the details well, just that I am supposed to go somewhere, and it doesn't seem like it's a vacation, more like a move to a new home or new posting. The first of these dreams had the odd detail that I was supposed to take a ship to Reno, Nevada. (A ship through the desert) Last night, I had a plane ticket but needed to delay my flight, the woman at the desk said the next flight wouldn't be leaving until 1 AM. This was the first of the dreams where I actually found an alternative and it left me with a much more positive emotion over all. But it still involved the elements of travel and not being ready for my scheduled departure.
llee611838
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Re: Recurring Dream Travel

Postby Bomadeno on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 am

This is somewhat delayed, I haven't done an interpretation in a long time, and I'm somewhat rusty, but I'll give it a shot.

To me it sounds like an anxiety dream - it seems very like a description of the feeling of anxiety, the needing to get 'somewhere' but not being able to get ready for it. No matter how much preparation, always the nagging feeling "I've forgotten something... have I got my keys? (for the 10th time).

I would say, if you don't already know the cause, look for some kind of anxiety in your day to day life - maybe an assigment, a love interest, or a nagging mother. If you can find something and relieve that, it might stop these dream (or let you travel to beautiful places in them :D )

If you find a cause, try to remember that you want to get to the destination, not pack your bags and prepare for it. Try to find out what the destination is, get there as fast as possible and buy all the other stuff you need when you get there. Unroll that metaphor onto the real world in the way that makes most sense if and when you find the problem.

Post back either way, for my curiosity if no other reason!
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter