The TRUE meaning of LIFE...

Put a thousand monkeys in a room and you get the work of Shakespeare. Put a thousand mentally inspired members in a forum, and you can figure out any truth, even the meaning of life.

Moderator: Hatter Police

The TRUE meaning of LIFE...

Postby Chazoa on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:29 pm

I have figured out the true meaning of life. It has not been easy... but it has been fun none-theless... The true meaning of life is purpose. The meaning is to find your purpose in life... your reason for being an intelligent creature... then teach others of the purpose of Humanity and in actuality Fulfill it.

I myself have never been able to find out my purpose in my short years on earth, nor do I wish to dedicate myself to finding it... I expect it to COME to me... as it does to everyone eventually.

It is said a life and death experience opens your eyes to the world. That is why people in a hostpital bed become seemingly more intelligent.

It also seems... that life is always a gamble... The more we bet the more we are able to win or lose. If we gamble our very souls for the purpose of a want or "need" of something, we can also win an extreme amount of pain after losing what you strived for so long to get.

Optimism and Anti-paranoia is the only way to live happily... You can't be a little prick either.

I'm going to allow you all to read this of your own wills.
Chazoa
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:22 pm

wow
I think that's the closest any of us have gotten to finding it
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby GoodGrief on Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:24 pm

Funnily enough I arrived at the same overall conclusion on an overnight flight from Brisbane to London via Hong Kong a few years ago. Then forgot it, then remembered it again after several weeks painful soulsearching for no reason other than my puppy died. I remember being really pissed off that a) I didn't write it down the first time and b) if I'd just thought to deprive myself of sleep again I could have saved myself several weeks of my life, 3 boxes of kleenex and a dead puppy.

I'm well on my way. My cryptic clues:
1) For no apparent reason, I appear to be rather good at writing.
2) I quite enjoy it
and
3) I believe that the fantasy is the best genre in which to hold up a mirror to society and ask people to challenge their truths about themselves, their lives and humanity in general.

...anyone?
-GG

What exactly is meant by the above statement I may never know.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
GoodGrief
Grand Hatter
Grand Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:14 pm

:noclue:
I'm confused
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:17 pm

I'm Bomadeno, pleased to meet you.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:48 pm

I'm well on my way. My cryptic clues:
1) For no apparent reason, I appear to be rather good at writing.
2) I quite enjoy it
and
3) I believe that the fantasy is the best genre in which to hold up a mirror to society and ask people to challenge their truths about themselves, their lives and humanity in general.

...anyone?

anyone what
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:06 pm

"The 'meaning' of life, the universe, etc. is an excellent subject for endless rounds of vegitative contemplation . . . but, ultimately, a every life comes down to two questions:

What do you want to do? And, are you going to do it?" - The Mad Prophet
Our heads are round - So that our thoughts may fly out in all directions.

Even the greatest of whales is helpless in the desert.
Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Bomadeno on Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:49 pm

What about... Why are you wearing a portugese-man-o-war on your head
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby Pimienta on Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:50 am

no I'm even more confused and I seem to not be able to make sense of a lot of stuff today

*sigh*
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

bo

Postby soundvapour on Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:57 pm

'the meaning of life is for purpose' what a load of bollocks thats so not right, you might be made to believe that n believe that your right but your blatently wrong.

the purpose of life is to live, you have been given the gift of life to live not to do your purposes, your purposes have already been given to you but your life has not, well not all of it anyway!

at the end of the day there is no meaning to life you just live your life and make sure you do as much as you can or want to before you die, so get out there get a decent job save up some money get rich get a nice mrs n bo selecta a decent life. rinse out.
soundvapour
Newbie Hatter
Newbie Hatter

Postby Enchiridion on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:12 am

Must say I agree a little with soundvapour. The view that we have a purpose is more of a modern view, we have to fulfill our destiny etc. We want to actualize ourselves (Aristotle to Maslow), fulfill our dreams etc. This is not the meaning of life, but an aspect of life. It's a way to reach happiness. At least in the modern view, where humans are supposed to strive for a greater good. What is a greater good?
To search in it self is what keeps us going, for example the search for the meaning of life. We seek happiness, answers, and we wish to go somewhere. This is reflected in our society, we need to have to do something with our lives, the science have always sought the truth and so on. But it's the journey in itself that matters, the journey is a part of life. The alchemist who finds the Philosopher's stone will have an eternal life, but without meaning.
So the meaning of life can only be to live it.
Purpose is something you can add to life to give it meaning, but that will only be a subjective meaning.
In the end the answer is no better than the question. Life is just life. It's an abstract that we all have an idea of, but never can reach. (Maybe Wittgenstein would have some interesting points here)
Instead we should try to understand life by deducing what it's not. Instead of trying to verify what it is.
Enchiridion
Baby Hatter
Baby Hatter

Meaning of Life

Postby nil on Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:55 am

Life is a play.

It all comes down to: are we playing by random whims? Or are we following a written script from a director.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster