Harry Potter WARNING! THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

Talk about your favorite books you read or pretend to be reading

Moderator: Hatter Police

Harry Potter WARNING! THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

Postby Insanity test on Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:15 pm

Has anyone else been reading the latest Harry Potter? :D Or am I juat embarrassingly immature? :oops:

I'm not reading any of this thread because I haven't read the book yet :P - BD
As a warning to all those reading/posting in here - spoilers can be posted in this thread, and you read at your own risk!

Yes, I do apologise, I should have made this clear. But thankyou Bomandeno forpointing this out in such an unmissable manner. :D
Last edited by Insanity test on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--/:Out of cheese Error:/--

Please shutdown Universe and reboot from Start.
Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: A small blue green planet on the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way.

Postby Pimienta on Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:16 pm

yes I've read it and was amazed that she wrote so much about snogging especially since a lot of younger children enjoy the books
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:02 pm

I'm not sure a lot of young children would quite understand......
I had it finnished it the sunday after it came out.
Our heads are round - So that our thoughts may fly out in all directions.

Even the greatest of whales is helpless in the desert.
Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:45 am

I just finished it. It took me about 10 hours and i can say I was crying at the end. :cry: :cry: :cry:
It happened again!!! She did it again!!!! :x :x :x

Anyway, I was not the least suprised at some of the snogging :Kiss: but a few of the couples :loveyou: (snogging or not) where suprising mainly at the end after the horrible incident.
I like Anime and Manga and Music and DOCTOR WHO!!
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: Somewhere near central Kentucky, in a town that starts with a B.

Postby Insanity test on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:03 pm

Relationships forged in situations of high anxiety and stress rarely last. They're DOOMED!

Anyway. Yeah, the snogging got a little out of hand. Lavender Brown seemes a little obsessed. :crazy:

Did anyone guess who the Half-Blood Prince was? And what are your views on Snape??

:noclue:

Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:29 pm

Insanity test wrote:Did anyone guess who the Half-Blood Prince was? And what are your views on Snape??
Snape is just plain evil. Never liked any Gryfffandors/ Ravenclaws/Hufflepuffs.
Half-blood Prince~got a clue in the bathroom scene with Harry and Malfoy and ***** (not telling who for the sake of those who have not read it yet)walked in and knew how to fix it.
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:40 am

My dad thinks that Dumbledor has learned how to be a phinex. Remember the blast of flam creating the coffin? And Harry saying that he was dumbuldor's man? Remember the quote from the second book? as long as someone is loyal to dumbuldor at hogwarts, he will be there. I think that snape killed him on dumbeldor's wishes. If an enemy killed dumbeldor he couldn't have risen from the dead, making snape still the good guy. And Snape didn't last. he fled with the death eaders. not all of the DADD teachers have died .... only stoped teaching.

what do you think of that?

Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby GoodGrief on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:03 am

It's a theory. I'd certainly like to think so. Notice how there have been 'on-screen' deaths every book since book 4?

I didn't guess that ***** was the Half-Blood-Prince until he revealed it, I thought it was Voldemort. But really, that was the obvious thing to think, I'm surprised Harry didn't.

But as to whether Snape was good or not I think he killed Dumbledore because he would die unless he didn't. That was why he screamed at Harry not to call him a coward. He's already guilty about what he did, he's only with the Death Eaters because they're the only side he has left to play now. But as soon as it was announced that he was teaching DADA it was obvious which side he was going to come down on on the whole 'his life or Dumbledore's' thing: the job is cursed. I think I can happily despise his replacement though. Slughorn is the smarmiest git in the series.

I was interested that the Weasley's are manufacturing protective garments for the ministry - and are branching more in that direction. We didn't really see how brilliant they are until book five when the teachers had trouble with their inventions. If the Weasley's keep branching in the direction that they have been and continue to give Harry free stuff he could end up with cutting edge auror's gear before even the ministry gets a hold of it.

On a seemingly unrelated topic, has anybody seen the end of Batman Begins, or even better: that of Spiderman? If so, compare to Harry and Ginny's last intimate scene in the book. Puh-leez! She even has red hair! If Harry shows up wearing spandex in the next book I'm gonna cry.

Two moments I will never forget in this book:

1) Ginny on Ron's kissing technique: "He looks like he's eating her face"

2) Luna Lovegood commentating on Quidditch. I want the whole transcript, dammit!
-GG

What exactly is meant by the above statement I may never know.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
GoodGrief
Grand Hatter
Grand Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:30 pm

I did enjoy Luna's comentary .... he he.

Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:44 pm

Two moments I will never forget in this book:

1) Ginny on Ron's kissing technique: "He looks like he's eating her face"

2) Luna Lovegood commentating on Quidditch. I want the whole transcript, dammit!
I totally agree, I will also never forget those moments. But another I will never forget is the last unspeakable act that I had to read 4 times before it fully registered.
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:41 am

I read it. It was great. I guessed it was snape toward the end. I dont see why dumdledores death is so bad, harry can still talk to his painting...I dont like snape, the begining of the book was when i was sure snape was with voldemort. Will harry realy not return to scgool? what do you all think?
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Insanity test on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:35 pm

I think Harry will end up there for a short while at least. Unless the others abandon it along with him. She'd be loosing alot of characters, but then maybe thats what she intends.

I thought the whole 'We must be noble and break up' thing was just stupid. Hermione and Ron are just going to follow him around everywhere anyway and anyone who wanted to get at him would know that he went out with Ginny and shes Ron's sister. So it really doesnt make a difference whether they're going out or not.

Im not sure about Snape. She kept describing a look 'of deepest loathing' or similar when she was describing snape killing Dumbledore. I think he is bad, but will hate Harry so much he tries to finish him off himself. Then Voldamort will be so pissed of he'll fight snape and snape will play an inadvertantly pivitol role in bringing Voldamort down.

Insanity test
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:23 pm

yeah. I kinda hope harry dosnt kill snape. That would anger me
HEY I just thought of somthing!!!
What if harry is one of the horcruxes!!!!!????!!!!
wow is that possible? realy makes you think
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Math_nerd on Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:20 am

I don't think that is possable.
I don't think that a piece of voldemort could survive in harry. remember in the 5th book when voldemort posssesd harry for a short while? he had to leave because harry is able to love. also, befor he came back, voldemort couldn't touch harry, let alone put a part of his soul in him.

Math_nerd
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby nowhere man on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:11 pm

yes, that is all very true. But i still have a feeling that one of the horcruxeses isnt just going to be somthing meaningless, i think one would be Ginny or somthing like that....That would be a real big problem for harry
nowhere man
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Next