Lonely Girl

Anything you write

Moderator: Hatter Police

Lonely Girl

Postby Cherokee_girl on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:29 pm

This story was written by a friend of mine and sent to me by email. It's very true in it's ways.

She wrote:

Once the was a lonely girl. This girl was in the fourth grade and had no friends, not even anyone to talk to. She felt like no one understood at her school or at home. So she did what she could to please the teachers, earning her the nickname 'Teacher's Pet'. She hated that name but didn't let anyone know that; if others knew they would tease her more. That was until the new girl came.

It was another day full of teasing when she walked in. The girl had her hair down and was wearing a brown dress. She was shy and didn't look very friendly. Our main character had to beware of this girl; she could turn out like the rest. This new girl was placed in a seat next to our character and began to listen to the teacher.

The Oregon Trail wagon project; it was to be the downfall of our girl, or maybe the uprising, depending on how you look at it. The teacher, Mr. Campbell, assigned each person to a group
to design a model of a wagon filled with supplies from the Oregon Trail. Unfortunatly for our character, that new girl was in her group. The girl, Shara, was nice to our character, but that was how it always started. Be nice, then turn your back and tease her to no end.

By the time the day was over the girls had become friends. Shara learned that our girl was her neighbor and they soon had plans to hang out. But was all as it seems? Thought rans through our girls mind along the lines of 'Do I really have a friend or will she turn on me like all the rest?' She wasn't sure but put on a happy face for Shara.

This friendship turned out to be a true one. This girl, our main character, now sits everyday and thinks about Shara. She wonders if she is alright. For you see, both of them are juniors now, but are over a hundred miles apart. Shara had moved to be with her family Winter of their freshman year and is
seldom heard from. Shara is 17 and our girl is 16, exactly 11 months younger than her friend. They are like sisters, never far from each other when it can be helped.

This very month, Shara is thought about a lot. For her friend knew her secret and worried constantly that Shara would be hurt when it came to pass completly. She waits for news of her friend, praying that everything is well and one of her greatest fears came to pass; the fear that her friend was gone. She waits and hopes, never letting go of that little spot in her heart reserved for Shara.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my lovely story and is completly true; for you see, that lonely girl in the fourth grade was me. Alone and scared I had no friends and was afraid to make any until Shara showed me the way. I miss her dearly and hopes she reads this. To all you others, take heed and befriend those
who are lonely and afraid, for they may turn out to be the best friends you ever had.

I hope you enjoy my friend's lovely story and learn from it's lesson.
I like Anime and Manga and Music and DOCTOR WHO!!
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Location: Somewhere near central Kentucky, in a town that starts with a B.

Postby Astarte on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:10 pm

That was lovely Cherokee_girl, and to be honest, it brought a tear to my eye.

Your stories are a pleasure to read. :hooray:
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby lycan on Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:23 pm

that was greate send it to me cheroke_girl
if we all have a special someone then they should just show themselfs sooner so we dont have to look so hard
lycan
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby Mysti on Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Beautiful.

Really really.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
Mysti
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby punk04 on Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:49 pm

wow
life is but a dream though the sleep that comes after is eternal and thus leads you to a greater bliss where you will sleep in an unending essence of purity and happyness
punk04
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Postby lycan on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:17 am

so that was sad now plz tell it again in school
if we all have a special someone then they should just show themselfs sooner so we dont have to look so hard
lycan
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Postby nil on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:29 am

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the true friendship...

(especially in the age of Internet chat, email, webcams...)
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby Cherokee_girl on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:17 pm

nil wrote:No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the true friendship...

Shara doesn't have any of those, not anymore anyway. She had them at the time the story was published, but not now. :cry:
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby hamster on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:01 pm

Cherokee_girl wrote:
nil wrote:No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the true friendship...

Shara doesn't have any of those, not anymore anyway. She had them at the time the story was published, but not now. :cry:

What happened? I fear something awful must have.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:44 pm

Nothing really bad has happened, she just doesn't have access to them anymore. And we never had webcams anyway. But nothing bad happened, not that I know of. It's starting to worry me though because she hasn't written me back for a while. And her stupid counselers won't tell me if I can see her or not during spring break.
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby hamster on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:13 pm

Anything new on this, Cherokee Girl?
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Cherokee_girl on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 pm

I've heard from her a few times now and I'm going to try calling her on this very special day. Today is her 18th Birthday.
Cherokee_girl
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby hamster on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:08 pm

That's wonderful. I hope you get through to her.

Cherokee_girl wrote:I've heard from her a few times now and I'm going to try calling her on this very special day. Today is her 18th Birthday.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter