Evil Foods?

Do you think the Universe is a Pie, a Turtle or something else? Post your opinion here.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Evil Foods?

Postby jcambece on Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:46 pm

I was taking out the trash and I noticed a box of devil cakes and another box of devil dogs, this made me think. What makes "devil" Food? Both are snacks (I guess) are the made with devils food cake? Then I started thinking about deviled eggs...what makes the eggs evil? Sorry in advance for the off topic-ness of this I just want to know if it’s marketing by saying "it’s so good its sinful" or if there is a reason behind using devil in the name.

Cambece
J.A. Cambece
jcambece
Almost Hatter
Almost Hatter

Postby hamster on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:37 pm

Because usually these things are soooh good that it almost seems like it must be a sin to eat them. I mean, what idiot would choose that syrupy sponge called angelfood cake when they could sink their teeth into the dense decadence of devilsfood cake?

I think in some cases, too, it refers to a food that has had other ingredients mixed with it to jazz it up. Like a deviled egg. It starts as a plain hardboiled egg yolk but then you whip it up with a few other things and put it back in the white.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter