Piteous porcupines

This forum is for the discussion of various species of animals, be it worms, kangaroos, penguins or porcupines.

Moderator: Hatter Police

Piteous porcupines

Postby hamster on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:20 pm

As of yet, to my knowledge, no one has discussed porcupines on this board, even though this creature was specifically mentioned in the heading to the section.

I heard that one lil porker wrote a song that never quite hit the top of the charts:

I have spines and that's just fine
and if you mind, well please don't whine
You love steak and I'll eat pines
Don't touch me and I'll decline
to poke my quills into your rind
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Re: Piteous porcupines

Postby Astarte on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:03 pm

hamster wrote:

This is quite a jolly, why then do you suggest in your title that they are piteous? Do you have knowledge regarding the Piteous Porcupinee, as yet, unshared?
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter

Re: Piteous porcupines

Postby hamster on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:41 pm

Astarte wrote:
hamster wrote:

This is quite a jolly, why then do you suggest in your title that they are piteous? Do you have knowledge regarding the Piteous Porcupinee, as yet, unshared?

I have much secret knowledge of this ancient clique of pokey-back bark-biters. It was whispered into my ear long ago in a distant woods. Piteous they are indeed, because many modern porkies aspire to leave their prickly isolation and enter society, but can't seem to give up needling people. A leading record executive in Ulaan Bator was almost ready to sign up Poor-q-Pyne, writer and singer of that song I mentioned, when a sudden swing of his arm -- an absolutely innocent gesture reaching for his latte -- caused Poor to involuntarily swing a tail full of quills at him.

Needless to say, the deal was off. J-Lo, not Poor-q, made it big instead, swinging a different sort of tail.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby Astarte on Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:15 pm

And would this be a rap number?

Is Poor-q-Pyne the Eminem of the species? Will he be reuniting with Poor-q-Pynette in the forseeable future...???

And on a different note, would the world now be a better place had Poor-q-Pyne not reached for that latte long ago? Would the absence of Ms Lo ever have been of any consequence? Hmmmm... most ponderable.

I await further revelations of secret knowledge sir hamster, it appears you do more in the woods than collect rocks!
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter