TOD 2006/02/08 - Chocolate

A diary of our senseless day

Moderator: Hatter Police

TOD 2006/02/08 - Chocolate

Postby hamster on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:59 pm

In honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day, I suggest this topic on chocolate.

Feel free to share history, trivia, etc.

My contribution: Chocolate is one of those odd foods, like bread, vanilla, cheese and olives, that isn't much good in its natural state. (Cheese, being from milk, might be considered an exception, but cheese gets its properties and its flavors from various molds, which I don't hear too many people enjoying in their purity.)

It's funny how hard we have to work on the raw product, to produce something that is ultimately so delicious. It has to be ground up, aged fermented, roasted and/or mixed with other stuff before you want it in your mouth.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

*Chococlate Facts

Postby nil on Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:28 am

Here's some chocolate scientific facts I would like to share:

Chocolate, scientific name Chocalibriumlatino Bunnyto, is made from the fermented, roasted and disgruntled cacao bunny found in the tropical rain forest of Peru. That's why lots of chocolates have the shape of a bunny, which is the original form of its main ingredient.

The disgruntled cacao bunny is native to Central America and the Amazon and is thought to be in danger of extinction. Many environmentalists suggest to substitute the endangered disgruntled cacao bunny with the disgruntled cacao tortoise which is still in abundance.

Some conservative chocolate activists suggested that the cacao tortoise cause a slightly more bitter taste to the traditional chocolate receipt and is against such substitution. Instead they suggest a mass cloning of cacao bunny which raise even more ethical questions among the naturalists.

Recently the US government described itself as "a nation addicted to chocolate" and advocated restraint in chocolate consumption. Some cacao bunny activists announce the coming Valentine's Day "the day of pizza" and suggest giving out pizzas instead of chocolates.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby hamster on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:33 pm

That explains everything!

But I'm quite surprised that, bunnies in general being so fertile, overharvesting could so impact their numbers. Isn't it true that furry bunnies, not chocolate bunnies, went berserk, ie, multiplied exceedingly, when some fool introduced them to Australia, and the good people there are still dealing with the mess?

Chocolate being derived from bunnies could also cause problems for vegetarians and people who eat kosher.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

Postby nil on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:20 am

You may be misinformed. I've heard from reliable source that the bunnies imported to Australia had evolved into kangaroos in the last decade. That's why there was a new specie of kangaroo's with long bunny ears.

The people tried to deal with the kangaroos as if there were still bunnies, and of course they failed, especially when they attempted to make the kangaroos into chocolates. Some scientists said the kangaroos are more suitable for hot dogs.
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby Pimienta on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:44 pm

I think I would like to be a conservative chocolate eater
lets just clone them
Pimienta
Pretty Inspired Hatter
Pretty Inspired Hatter

Postby Astarte on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:42 am

Chocolate Fondue......

Pieces of fresh fuit dipped into warm choclate and then popped into your mouth...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Image ...Weep no more...Image
Astarte
Slightly Inspired Hatter
Slightly Inspired Hatter