TOD 2006/05/11 - Growth

A diary of our senseless day

Moderator: Hatter Police

TOD 2006/05/11 - Growth

Postby Bomadeno on Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 am

Despite the eerie quietness that is coating the forum in general, membership numbers are now at 330, and posts nearly at 15000!

This flow of members joining suggests a promising future for the hat empire... for every 10 members that joins we get one or two who stick around and really add to our 'community'... if you're reading this and not already one of those members, maybe you could become one... maybe you could add a bit of your own spark to ours.

And now, To Growth! *chinks glass*
Last edited by Bomadeno on Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby nil on Fri May 12, 2006 5:31 am

Thanks for the positive tone, Bom, in spite of the bleakness of the present moment.

I'm still thinking about some new ways to grow. But now I've to spend most of my time in fighting spams. A few weeks ago, the spammers flooded my admin email, which is only posted in a few thousand places... And many measures to stop spammers has also stopped real posters from posting (especially in my travel forum). And some of my friend's forums were taken down by spammers. The spam empire is slowly eating away the hat empire :(
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby Bomadeno on Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 am

Could you not email a 'major' forum admin (as they must be subject to colossal spam attempts) and ask how they keep it under control?

And I reckon we still grow, as long as the number of messages and users never declines :D
Bomadeno
Utterly Inspired Hatter
Utterly Inspired Hatter

Postby nil on Tue May 16, 2006 3:57 am

That's a good question...

Well, when thing goes wrong, we ought to find some excuse... Now that you have dispeled my first excuse, I've to think of some other excuses... :noclue: *think hard* :noclue: *think hard* :noclue:

That's a very positive view, user never declines... :D
nil
Hatmaster
Hatmaster

Postby hamster on Wed May 17, 2006 1:29 pm

We are on the verge of summer, which is a busy time for young and old. Every internet group has ups and downs. We'll be rocking again, soon, I really think.
hamster
Insane Hatter
Insane Hatter

The Golden Horde

Postby Deathunterx2 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:03 am

The Empire will take all!
I love pokemon AND my empire!
Deathunterx2
Newbie Hatter
Newbie Hatter